Announcing... The Jolly Roger Contest II

Discussion of personal LEGO Pirate creations

Announcing... The Jolly Roger Contest II

Postby BigDaddy on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:27 pm

The ForbiddenCove Staff is proud to announce the The 2nd Jolly Roger Contest!

The Contest will begin on January 1, 2011, and end on March 15, 2011, at 11:59:59 EST. We are pleased to offer a variety of categories from both the "Pirates of the Caribbean" and Traditional LEGO Pirate themes. Thar be a fine LEGO prize for each winning entry!

Per the last meeting at the Court of the Cove Captains, our categories have changed up this year: In celebration of the upcoming LEGO ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ theme, we are pleased to feature an equal number of categories in both the Pirates of the Caribbean and Traditional LEGO Pirate themes!

Some categories require smaller-sized creations, while others need larger ones. Tis' up to you to challenge yourself and build your best! Everyone, even with a limited supply of bricks, should be able to enter several categories. Creativity and imagination is what counts, not who owns the most LEGO bricks.

And, check out the contest prizes! A fine treasure lies there for the taking! And, to the best Pirate MOC builder of them all, goes a very special prize - the Black Seas Barracuda!!

Special thanks ye to our JRC2 prize donors: BrickArms, the Brothers-Brick, and Rich "Blackrock" Stehnach. Rules for the JRC2 can be found here!

Please post any questions related to the contest in this thread. The submissions page will be available in due time, so off with ye swabs, and may the best Pirate builder win! :arr

The winds guide my ship,
    Towards lands far and distant,
    Adventure awaits!
BigDaddy
Leader of the Quiet Pirate Riot
Leader of the Quiet Pirate Riot

Re: Announcing... The Jolly Roger Contest II

Postby wunztwice on Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:45 am

Avast, contest ho!!!

I was hoping this would be, and our gracious admins, et al have bequeathed to us another daring Jolly Roger Contest! Especially as I had no time for the CCC, I shall be jumping into this headlong!

Thanks for putting up yet another great contest!!!
in His grip,
Chris

Flickr-tastic!
wunztwice
Ballast

Postby Dog Ironbones on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:31 am

In the POTC Custom Fig category are custom parts allowed?
Dog Ironbones
Jetsam

Postby TooMuchCaffeine on Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:10 am

Now those are some interesting categories and some cracking prizes. Nice one guys.

Bit disappointed there's no plain old "miscellaneous" category, as I started building something this week following the "teaser" chat but it's not really suitable for any of the categories announced. Oh well. On with the proper building!
Why are pirates called pirates? They just aaarrgh.
TooMuchCaffeine
Stowaway

Postby Bluesecrets on Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:34 am

In the POTC Custom Fig category are custom parts allowed?

Yes that is allowed.
Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Bluesecrets
Queen of the Deep Blue
Queen of the Deep Blue

Postby Thomassio on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:24 am

In which category can I enter my ship which isn't based on potc?
It would be very strange if I can't enter a pirate ship in a lego pirate competition.
Thomassio
Plankton

Postby Bluesecrets on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:26 am

In which category can I enter my ship which isn't based on potc?
It would be very strange if I can't enter a pirate ship in a lego pirate competition.

There is no category for a ship that is not POTC for this contest. Just as with any competition, there are different requirements for each run of the contest. For example, the seed part challenges that take place here at Forbidden Cove regularly, they have a part to use, it doesn't mean that just any entry someone deems as pirate will fit the qualifications. If your ship is not POTC, then it doesn't fit the ship category for this contest.
Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Bluesecrets
Queen of the Deep Blue
Queen of the Deep Blue

Postby nanuck95 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:18 pm

Looks like some great categories and some awesome prizes. Thanks for running this again, I'm looking forward to building and seeing all the entries!
nanuck95
Master Builder
Master Builder

Postby Elephant Captain on Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:35 pm

FINALLY!

I have been waiting for this for many a day now, and now that the moment has finally arrived, I shall get building as soon as I possibly can. The many catagories will make it difficult to top myslef last year of entering every catagory, but I shall go for Quality over Quantity (Both would be better, but I am not that good) Also, some awesome prizes! That Black Seas Barracuda is going to make me build 6 (or more) entries, even if it kills me!

Cap'n E

EDIT: A couple questions:

The 'Brethren Court' catagory, does there have to be a scene? Or can we just build a the figs?

Also the 'Pilalge' catagory, just to clarify, we have to build a bit of a port and have pirates plundering it?
This bilge rat is infesting you with fleas!
A Pirate's Life
I'd make ye walk the plank, but there is be no plank. And there be no ocean as well. So ye got off lucky today!
Elephant Captain
Flea-infested Bilge Rat

Postby Sebeus on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:43 am

Awesome,
I'm going for the tallship,
I can't decide wether I'll demolish my old Flying Dutchman to build better one, try my hand at the Black pearl or take it easy and go for the Interceptor...
dilemma :S
Whazaaa!
Sebeus
Cabin Boy's Favorite

Next

Return to Pirate MOCs